At American Crane and Equipment Corporation we proudly uphold a set of core values, with one key principle being the importance of staying humble. In our workplace we believe that there is no task that is beneath anyone, emphasizing the importance of collective responsibility. Our hands-on, humble approach to work signifies a workplace culture where every individual, regardless of their position or title, is ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the overall success of the company. By being willing to pitch in and accomplish any task, employees at American Crane foster a sense of camaraderie that goes beyond traditional hierarchical boundaries.
Here are a few ways that we like to practice staying humble in the workplace:
- Readily Assist Others: Be proactive in offering help to colleagues, especially during peak workloads or challenging projects. Demonstrating a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with team members fosters a culture of continuous learning.
- Acknowledge Mistakes and Embrace Growth: Admitting when you’re wrong or have made a mistake is a sign of humility. Take responsibility, learn from the experience, and use it as an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Value Others’ Contributions: Recognize and appreciate the efforts of your colleagues. Celebrate their achievements and contributions, creating a positive and supportive atmosphere.
- Effective Listening: Practice effective listening, another ACECO core value, during meetings and discussions. Do not interrupt, ask questions, and listen with the intent to understand.
- Seek Feedback: Request feedback from peers and supervisors to understand areas for improvement. Demonstrating a willingness to receive constructive criticism reflects a humble and growth-oriented mindset.
- Avoid Taking Credit Unnecessarily: If a project’s success is a result of team effort, acknowledge and share credit with your colleagues. Avoid taking undue credit for individual contributions.
- Pitch in Regardless of Job Title: Be willing to take on tasks that may fall outside your typical job responsibilities. This could include helping with routine chores or stepping in to assist a colleague facing a tight deadline.
- Express Gratitude: Show gratitude for the support and contributions of others. A simple thank-you can go a long way in recognizing and appreciating the collective effort.
- Promote a Team-First Mentality: Encourage teamwork and collaboration. Emphasize the collective success of the team over individual accomplishments.
- Stay Approachable: Maintain an open-door policy, both physically and metaphorically. Being approachable fosters a culture where communication and collaboration thrive.
- Share Success Stories: Use success stories, whether personal or team-based, as opportunities to inspire and motivate others. Share the spotlight to reinforce the idea that achievements are a collective effort.
- Embrace a Growth Mindset: Approach challenges with a positive and open mindset. View setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve, reinforcing a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
The daily reminder that we’re all in this together highlights our belief that success is an ongoing journey, not a solitary destination. From the CEO to the newest team member, each person is a vital part of our company’s machinery. This creates a sincere sense of belonging and purpose in our company, where every contribution, is acknowledged with genuine appreciation. When each team member recognizes their importance and value it creates an inclusive atmosphere where everyone feels empowered and essential to the thriving success of American Crane.